About this role
Sentry is looking for an Account Executive to join our sales team. As a member of our sales team, you'll join a fast-growth start-up and hit the ground running and help develop our sales strategy and playbook. We're looking for people with experience selling SaaS/B2B products, especially to developer organizations. If you're a seasoned sales professional who is excited to work in a high-volume environment while helping define key strategic and operational initiatives, we'd love to speak with you!
Sentry provides real-time error and exception management for some of the world's most-loved internet products. Companies of all sizes around the world leverage the Sentry platform to be quicker on their feet and keep customers happy. With thousands of developers already using (and loving) Sentry, we've only just begun to scratch the surface of enabling businesses with tools to make them successful.
You'll be responsible for:
- Manage and work all leads and opportunities in your territory
- Build and manage a sales pipeline while growing successful, long-lasting relationships with influencers (devops leads, engineering managers, procurement professionals, executives, etc.) to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Manage, track, and report all sales activities with Salesforce proficiency
- Deliver great product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of Sentry
- Be the voice of the customer to the Sentry engineering/product teams
- 3 - 5 years of technology direct sales experience, with current experience selling SaaS. Bonus points if you have experience selling developer tools to development organizations.
- High technical aptitude and are able to understand and discuss a developer-focused infrastructure product
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and cultivating long-lasting relationships with clients
- Deep curiosity for the developer tool space
- Results-driven, with a desire to hunt new business and ability to try new processes and iterate to scale a global sales engine
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- You are a team player and comfortable in a fast-paced growth environment
- You love the challenge and desire a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting environment
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.