Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our crash reporting platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
About the Team
As a product engineer, you'll join a cross-functional group of software engineers and designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry. Not only do product engineers build the user interfaces that software developers see and touch, they contribute to the APIs and server logic that power those interactions. If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, we'd like to talk to you.
Sentry is used by tens of thousands of developers, and as part of our small team, you'll find countless challenges to grow and succeed. If you have a strong technical background and want to engage publicly with the software development community, we feel this is a fantastic opportunity.
About the Role
- Develop product features for our open source React single-page application
- Pursue architecture and tooling improvements so that our development team can ship code faster and more confidently
- Modify our build process and application code in order to improve Sentry's front-end performance
You'll love this role if:
- You enjoy refactoring code
- You're a self-starter who leads by example
- You've configured Webpack successfully before
- You believe in performant front-end applications
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Sentry 9 introduces Owners, Environments, & Teams
- Augmenting error reports with Git commit data
- Workflow improvements to resolution and silence
- @ Your teammates with Mentions
- Keep an eye on new code with deploys
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Bonus: experience contributing to or maintaining open source projects
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.