About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our crash reporting platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
As a product engineer, you'll join a cross-functional group of software engineers and designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry. Not only do product engineers build the user interfaces that software developers see and touch, they contribute to the APIs and server logic that power those interactions.
If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, we'd like to talk to you.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working with designers and product managers to develop product features that make software developers lives' better
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Collaborating with infrastructure and operations teams to build solutions that scale
You'll like this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Sentry 9 introduces Owners, Environments, & Teams
- Augmenting error reports with Git commit data
- Workflow improvements to resolution and silence
- @ Your teammates with Mentions
- Keep an eye on new code with deploys
- 4+ years as a software engineer and/or role with relevant experience
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.