About this Role
Sentry is a company that aims to make software less bad, and the lives of developers easier. We understand the value of investing heavily in product, and we believe that the tools we use — open source or otherwise — should be beautiful.
This is a full-time, specialist position in our San Francisco office. Applications that include skills expressed as progress bars or do not feature a cover letter will not be considered.
You’ll love this role if:
- You love making the lives of engineers and/or your fellow designers easier
- You enjoy working cross-functionally and building out features alongside developers and business teams
- You respect the value of design constraints but enjoy pushing their limits
- You wish more companies would invest in design
- You're passionate about open source and wouldn't mind more green boxes on your contribution graph
- You’ve worked in a collaborative environment, but can self-direct
- 3+ years of product design experience, or a portfolio that can trick us into believing so (a link to a portfolio or relevant work is required)
- Proficiency with design tools like Sketch, Git, Chrome dev tools, etc.
- Experience working with technical product brands (bonus points if you’ve worked with developer tools) and communicating complex concepts in approachable ways
- You always have a quick answer to “Why did you do this?” for everything in your work
- Familiarity with React, Django templates, or have experience with other templating engines
- An active GitHub profile and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience with SVG, specifically for data visualization
- Experience with version control
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.