About this role
Sentry is a company that understands the value of investing in design and a quality brand. We recently updated our brand style to set some constraints as we lay the groundwork for the future. However, we’ve left it intentionally undocumented and undogmatic in preparation for hiring this role, and we are looking for senior specialist position to help us build this out.
We are looking for designers focused on design and illustration, and designers that focus as much on style as they do on UX and content. Please include a cover letter and link to portfolio with your application. Submissions that include skills expressed as progress bars will not be considered.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Designing marketing pages, print materials, and swag
- Illustration, when appropriate
- Pushing the limits of the existing brand style
- Documenting the new brand rules you put into place
- Occasionally building what you design (optional, if you have the experience)
You’ll love this role if:
- You respect the value of design constraints but enjoy pushing their limits.
- You hate it when project managers say “it’s good enough” or “we’ll add the fancy stuff in the next round.”
- You wish more companies would invest in design.
- You rewrite copy that makes your work look bad, then ask for feedback from the writer.
- You consider yourself a design-savvy frontend developer. While there are opportunities to build, this role is focused on design.
- You prefer quick, utilitarian design solutions. This role has equal parts form and function.
- 5+ years visual design experience (or a portfolio that can trick us into believing you do)
- Experience working on high-visibility marketing sites
- Ability to do your own illustrations independently but also collaborate with other illustrators
- Experience working with technical product brands and proven ability to communicate complex concepts in approachable ways
- Understanding of web design and deciphering what can and can’t be built
- You always have a quick answer to “Why did you do this?” for everything in your work.
- Copywriting/content production
- Experience with web languages/web performance
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.