About this role
The operations team is looking for someone who loves simple solutions to complex problems. Your primary role will be working alongside others to maintain Sentry’s constantly evolving hosted solution. Additionally, you’ll contribute to the observability of both the product and its infrastructure. When nothing else needs your attention, you will aiding other engineering teams in their efforts to both grow and sustain Sentry.
You’ll succeed at this role if:
- You’ve learned the importance of the decisions your team makes and how they impact the product you help support.
- You understand the tradeoffs between bare metal and cloud solutions.
- You have a small Rolodex of lessons learned from interacting with technology and teammates.
- You acknowledge that networking is the backbone of SaaS and have direct experience with networking and routing for small and large networks.
- You’re familiar with the various SaaS ecosystems and have taken ownership of a service once before.
- You’ve got expertise in an area that your teammates currently don’t, and you’re willing to share it.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of networking and routing for small and large networks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- In the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate
- Bonus: experience contributing to or maintaining open source projects
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.