About this role
Sentry is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive feature launch, own competitive intelligence, enable our sales team's enterprise motion, raise our assets to the next level, and collaborate with partners on joint go-to-market.
This is an opportunity for the right person to have a major impact in three main areas:
- Define and expand Sentry's product category and customer journey
- Build targeted playbooks that improve sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Evolve strategy, positioning, messaging, and value prop, especially as part of a coalition of technologies
The best candidate likes to dig into markets and solutions and has a passion for creating content that drives user and field readiness. You know how to speak to a discerning technical audience of customers, analysts, press, partners, and colleagues, as well as stand out in a crowd.
You'll be the first line of defense for competitive differentiation to keep us a step ahead, working with customers and prospects and feeding the rest of the marketing and sales machine. You'll manage Sentry's product marketing group and work closely with the executive, sales, and product teams, as well as help fuel the rest of the marketing organization.
- 3+ years relevant experience as a product marketer, product manager, or developer evangelist
- Interest in modern development practices, the new stack, and the opportunities that lie ahead, including observability, automation, and rapid iteration
- Understanding of open source software and developer tools
- Serious communication chops: past slide decks and published writing are required
- Ability to explain both complex technical concepts in a simple, linear, and holistic way and complex solution and business value concepts in a way developers understand
- Equal enthusiasm for and capability in research, strategy, programs, and execution
- Portfolio of long-form technical assets
- Passion for telling user and use case stories
- Background in blogging, digital marketing, video, or podcasts
- Past work at a fast-paced startup and comfort with self-direction
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.