About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our crash reporting platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
We're looking for a new grad engineer to join our team. You'll receive mentorship and quickly help drive impact across our organization and help make your fellow developers' lives easier. If you want to build and improve product features that empower your fellow software developers to do their best work, all while writing open source code, we'd like to talk to you!
You'll love this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
- You value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
As a member of the engineering team at Sentry, you'll become an integral team member on either our Workflow team or Platform team:
- Our Platform team (a small team in charge of building new product features, help scale Sentry to support our fast-growing user base, and assist in making important back-end technology and implementation decisions.
Examples of projects our Workflow team has worked on:
- Augmenting error reports with Git commit data
- Workflow improvements to resolution and silence
- @ Your teammates with Mentions
- Keep an eye on new code with deploys
Examples of projects our Platform team has worked on:
- Integrating Sentry with commit metadata pulled from GitHub
- Improving source map processing performance with Rust
- Using a local Haproxy cache to mitigate S3 downtime
- Computer Science (or similar) students graduating in 2018 from Undergraduate, Master's, or Ph.D. programs
- Passion for developer tools or open source
- Willing to relocate to SF upon graduation (we'll help get you here!)
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.