About this role
Sentry is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our sales team. As a member of our SDR team, you'll join a fast-growth start-up and hit the ground running, providing maximum impact from Day 1, and developing our sales strategy and playbook. If you're a driven team player who is excited to work in an enterprise-focused, land and expand business model, we'd love to speak with you!
Sentry provides real-time error and exception management for some of the world's most-loved internet products. Companies of all sizes around the world leverage the Sentry platform to be quicker on their feet and keep customers happy. With thousands of developers already using (and loving) Sentry, we've only just begun to scratch the surface of enabling businesses with tools to make them successful.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and qualifying opportunities within large enterprises
- Prospecting and identifying key executives at target companies and lay the foundation for strong, long-lasting relationships
- Handling the first interactions with prospects, bringing them into the sales process and sharing our amazing Sentry culture
- Working closely with Account Executives to build robust pipeline opportunities
- Managing, tracking, and reporting sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Delighting the customer in every interaction!
You'll love this job if:
- You love the challenge of finding the needle in the haystack
- You're a naturally curious troubleshooter
- You're persistent and a great communicator
- You want to be a part of building something from the ground up
- 1-4 years of experience in lead generation, sales, and/or marketing (SaaS experience a plus, but not required)
- Experience selling SaaS/B2B products (bonus points if you've sold to developer organizations!)
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume lead targets in a goal-driven environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Strong drive to work in a fast-paced, successful, scrappy start-up
- BS degree with a strong academic record
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.