About this Role
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to help make Sentry a best-in-class crash reporting tool for the PHP ecosystem. Your primary responsibilities will include overseeing development of our official PHP client libraries, as well as improving the core Sentry product in ways that make Sentry a joy to use for PHP developers. Ideally, you will also represent Sentry in the PHP community – at meetups, conferences, and in written material – in a way that both highlights our product and reflects our values.
Sentry is used by tens of thousands of developers, and as part of our small team you'll find countless challenges to grow and succeed. If you have a strong technical background and want to engage publicly with the software development community, we feel this is a fantastic opportunity.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of the PHP language, as well as familiarity with other PHP runtimes, such as HHVM.
- Professional experience with at least one PHP web framework (e.g. Laravel).
- Bonus: experience contributing to or maintaining open source projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- In San Francisco or willing to relocate.
- Contribute to an open source product (https://github.com/getsentry/sentry) used by tens of thousands of companies.
- Be part of an experienced team (https://sentry.io/about/) that has worked on some of the web's most popular software products and open source tools.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible working schedule and real work/life balance.
- Casual work environment.
- Relocation assistance.