Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
Sentry receives over a billion events a day, and processes terabytes of data to return complex aggregations with sub-second latency. To ensure that the things we are building can operate well at scale, we are growing the new Quality Engineering (QE) team that helps others to increase robustness of software we ship.
Quality engineers are responsible for building infrastructure and processes that help our engineering organization to incorporate better quality assurance procedures. For example, one of the goals of the QE team is to make sure that the software we write at Sentry is efficient and continuously tested in a wide range of circumstances.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer in our QE Team, you will work with a multitude of technologies and have a direct impact on how Sentry evolves to handle 100x our current event volume. Among other things, you will:
- Work closely with Client Infrastructure team to improve event ingestion and processing pipelines.
- Architect and create services and systems to help other teams build higher quality software.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to understand requirements that help them to succeed.
- Create visualizations and add metrics that help to measure the success of things we are building.
You'll love this job if you:
- You've experienced leading the way.
- You enjoy fiddling with new technologies and services.
- You like finding potential performance bottlenecks.
- You’re not afraid to dig into system internals during the troubleshooting process.
- You enjoy writing tools for other engineers.
- You believe in importance of finding the right tool for the job.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with some (or all) of the following tools we leverage:
- Cloud: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform
- Data storage and visualization: InfluxDB, Grafana
- Automation: Argo Workflows
- A certification in Agile Testing (ISTQB or similar) is beneficial.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Live in the Vienna (Austria) area or are willing to relocate
- Have a valid work permit for EU / Austria
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 50,652-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.Apply For This Role