Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Coverage team at Sentry. In this role, you'll drive the architectural vision and execution of our backend systems, ensuring a seamless developer experience. You'll work closely with our engineering, product, and design teams to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Sentry's Coverage team is responsible for much of the data ingestion, processing, storage, and external notification pipelines for the Codecov product. The Coverage team's work is a mixture of internally and externally facing initiatives that are typically highly technical in nature. If you've ever seen a Codecov comment on a Pull Request, used Codecov's CLI tool, or uploaded a coverage report to Codecov, you've directly benefited from the work of the Coverage team.
In this role you will
- Drive the architectural vision and execution of high-performing backend systems for a seamless developer experience
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product managers, and other stakeholders to align technical strategy and business goals
- Lead the design and implementation of scalable, reliable backend systems to handle our ever-growing capacity
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and support to the engineering team, ensuring code quality and prioritized tasks
- Foster the adoption of best practices, design patterns, and cutting-edge technologies to keep our systems competitive and innovative
- Engage with cross-functional teams, advocating for engineering needs and promoting a strong engineering culture
You'll love this job if you
- Have deep empathy for developers and a passion for helping to alleviate their pain points
- Thrive in cross-functional environments, partnering with team members from diverse backgrounds to deliver the best solutions possible
- Have strong technical leadership skills, with an ability to guide and influence a team towards common goals
- 7+ years of software development experience in designing, extending, and maintaining high-volume, mission-critical systems with a focus on performance and reliability
- 2 years minimum in a senior role, guiding junior engineers through mentorship, task delegation, and conducting code reviews
- Demonstrated success in contributing to a high-performing software engineering organization, valuing quality work and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Python, Django, Rust, and PostgreSQL is preferred, but not required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $100,000 to $240,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.