Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
We're looking for an engineer to join our .NET SDK development team. As a member of this team, you'll be helping to drive successful engagements with Sentry users on the Microsoft .NET platform by continuing to evolve our .NET SDKs. Our small and versatile team is responsible for ensuring .NET developers feel right at home with Sentry - regardless of their company size or what types of applications they're building.
In this role you will
- Enhance, maintain, and support the Sentry .NET SDKs, using the C# programming language and the latest modern .NET platform
- Create integrations for a wide variety of application types, including web, mobile, gaming, desktop, and serverless
- Write clear and concise documentation and sample applications
- Work closely with other employees, contractors, and community members working on the .NET SDKs
- Collaborate with other SDK developers on both our mobile and web platform SDK teams
- Interact with sales and support teams to engage with .NET customers, and directly with customers via GitHub and Discord
- Help to drive adoption of Sentry throughout the .NET ecosystem
You’ll love this role if you
- Enjoy working through the tons of edge cases that arise from multi-targeting and supporting both old and new .NET platforms
- Understand the legacy of .NET Framework, but have embraced modern open-source .NET
- Aren’t afraid to embrace new frameworks and application types such as MAUI or Blazor, or go spelunking through large code bases, potentially in other languages
- Love open-source development and prefer to work transparently on GitHub
- Are curious to learn new technologies, and self-motivated to develop your programming skills
- 2+ years experience developing software, with at least 1 year programming in C# in a professional setting
- Strong grasp of programming fundamentals, and basic understanding of modern .NET
- The ideal candidate will also have some experience with open-source software development
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $60,000 to $180,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.