The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Growth Team at Sentry is enabling exponential user growth by building end-to-end experiences, identifying optimizations to improve user activation, and constantly innovating new ways to expand Sentry’s value proposition. This may just be one of the reasons why developers across the world love Sentry.
This is a multi-disciplinary team that uses data science, product, marketing, design and engineering to drive exponential growth for Sentry, and runs experiments to measure what effective growth approaches of the future could look like. You’ll bring your technical skills to bear on this problem, and work cross-functionally to ship features that impact user acquisition, engagement, and revenue.
About the Role / Impact
You'll love this job if you:
- Get excited about making a measurable impact on Sentry’s growth
- Love working on innovative ideas that lead to significant changes in user acquisition, engagement and revenue
- Are able to ship quickly and independently without creating long-term technical debt
In this role, you will:
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth, whether they are new innovations or optimizations of existing flows
- Work with product, engineering, and design to define, implement, test and roll out new features
- Learn from experiments to build better user experiences in the future
- Lead engineering discussions and write abstractions that enable the team to move and learn faster
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years as a software engineer
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
Example of a project our team has worked on: https://blog.sentry.io/2019/04/08/growing-adoption-building-modern-clippy
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.