Immediately discover the impact and severity of errors.
Automatically connect problems to the commits that unleashed them.
Assign them to the engineers — or teams — who wrote it. (Obviously that would never, ever be you.)
Record environment and state details so you can recreate bugs down to screen orientation and resolution, OS version, and battery level.
Use Sentry’s tag distribution graph to isolate and prioritize any error by seeing how often it occurs in context.
- “How actionable is this error? Can I just ignore it?”
- “Is the error isolated to users who have an iPhone XS Max eXtreme Red Bull Edition?”
- “What was the temperature of any impacted Samsung Galaxy Note 7s?”
- “How many splines were being reticulated?”
- “What was the value of the shopping cart?”
Event trails detail what the app was doing before any error occurred.
No WiFi? No problem-fi. Record events even when devices are offline or in airplane mode, then send errors as soon as connection is regained.
Is the problem actually not mobile at all, but instead maybe caused by something a back-end dev wrote for the web app that broke the API you’re using? Sentry can tell you that too.