Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
Sentry got its start as an Open Source project that provides an amazing experience for developers to detect and eliminate errors in their code. Delivering on this promise to every developer is still our passion today. The profiling team, part of Sentry’s Emerging Technologies group, contributes to that mission with a unique product that attributes live production performance issues in their application to the exact line of code that causes them.
At Sentry, a successful product manager is customer-focused so that they can discover and define capabilities that are valuable to users and make an impact on our overall mission. You've got the technical chops to enable you to collaborate closely with your partners in Engineering to refine requirements and set priorities. Finally, as one of the leaders for your cross-functional team, you'll be called on the articulate and communicate the vision and plan for the team to stakeholders across the company.
In this role you will:
- Drive Sentry’s profiling product from initial market introduction to product market fit, and beyond
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, market opportunities and translate these into product requirements
- Collaborate with a global team of developers and engineering management to make good product decisions, set priorities, and measure outcomes
- Coordinate product efforts in Engineering, Sales, and Marketing distributed across Europe, Canada, and the United States
- Be the voice of the customer
You’ll love this job if you:
- Are adaptable and enjoy change - we have all the opportunities and challenges a rapidly growing startup faces
- Love learning - our industry and technology space is always evolving, the technologies we support are numerous
- Are intellectually curious and value critical thinking - the Why behind the What is important to you
- Focus on outcomes - Outcomes take priority over outputs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of product management ideally with developer tools, profiling, or related products.
- Demonstrable experience building and shipping a new customer-facing product in a product or engineering capacity.
- Experience with SaaS, Web technologies and product lifecycle management in fast-paced environments.
- Familiarity with (or presence in) the open source software community is a plus
- MBA or relevant business experience is a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#Li-RemoteApply For This Role