Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
Business Operations works across all teams at Sentry to drive and enable the growth of our company. We lead mission critical — cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, incubate new ideas, and execute on strategic initiatives. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As the senior analyst on the Business Intelligence team within Business Operations, we’re looking for someone who can operate in vagueness while working to empower data driven decisions. You may partner cross-functionally on ad hoc analytics requests or build dashboards for product launches. Whatever it is, we’ll work together on what will move the needle most for Sentry. If you like solving hard problems, using analytics to make decisions, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Solve complex and broad business problems with analytically derived solutions
- Simplify and automate reporting; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Marketing, & Engineering) on ad hoc product and business analytics requests
- Build ops strategy for integrating systems across data teams, BI tools, product analytics tooling, and Salesforce with an open-minded approach to deciding which tools are absolutely necessary for Sentry
- Partner with the Sentry data engineering team on projects that will shape how we develop our BI layer and scale our BI reporting
You’ll love this job if you:
- You feel passionate about making sense out of numbers and sharing them with a broader audience
- You are a self sufficient do-er: someone who enjoys ownership and can proactively and effectively work cross-functionally to make progress
- You are comfortable with the pace and dynamic environment of our actively growing business
- You have flexibility in both thinking and working: when the current path is blocked, you find a way through or around it
- 3+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence, or similar role
- 3+ years experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in SQL and relational databases including queries, database definition, and schema design
- Expertise in the principles of data visualization to simplify the communication of complex data and drive insights
- The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with the competence to educate and collaborate with non-technical to superbly-technical audience
- The ideal candidate is self-directed, accountable, and able to create structure while working in undefined areas
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply For This Role