Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business in pursuit of that goal.
We are looking to build a world class Security program and Detection and Response team. This role will be the first Security Engineer to join the Detection and Response team. As the founding engineer on the Detection and Response team, you will be leading efforts to build out the program. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, strive to continuous improve, and demonstrate integrity and humility.
In this role you will:
- Help define and execute on a forward-thinking strategy for threat detection and incident response.
- Engineer new and improve existing detections using attacker TTPs, frameworks, and indicators observed during incidents.
- Threat model and run simulations on applications and infrastructure to identify detection opportunities and identify risks.
- Design and own threat hunting exercises.
- Support incident response.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and technical **implementations.
- Build automated processes and playbooks to simplify and codify response processes and procedures.
- Be a founding engineer of the Detection and Response team.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Bring an engineering mindset to a detection and response program to optimize the use of automation for efficiency and consistency.
- Want to be a founding member of the D&R team and enjoy collaborating.
- Are interested in detection and response, as it pertains to open source software.
- Are motivated to continue developing and learning new skills.
- 4+ years experienced with working on a security team, with a preference for a technically focused company.
- Experienced and comfortable with programming in at least one language, with a strong preference for Python.
- Comfortable using a broad range of security tools and technologies such as EDR, SIEM, IAM tools, Email Security, Cloud Security, Network tools, etc.
- Experienced in running a **security **incident, from identification to declaration to post mortem.
- An up to date understanding of the threat landscape as it pertains to SaaS companies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#Li-RemoteApply For This Role