Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry’s Coverage team is responsible for much of the data ingestion, processing, storage, and external notification pipelines for Codecov — Sentry’s code coverage reporting product. The Coverage team’s work is a mixture of internally and externally facing initiatives that are typically highly technical in nature. If you’ve ever seen a Codecov comment on a Pull Request, used Codecov’s CLI tool, or uploaded a coverage report to Codecov, you’ve directly benefitted from the work of the Coverage team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of our product from a technical perspective, working closely with our engineering and design teams to ensure that our software meets the needs of our customers. You'll also work with our sales and marketing teams to help us grow our customer base and ensure that our product is meeting the needs of the market.
In this role you will
- Work with our engineering and design teams to develop a deep understanding of our product and its technical capabilities
- Collaborate with our sales, marketing, and support teams to understand the needs of our customers and the market
- Help develop a product roadmap that aligns with the company's overall strategic vision
- Create detailed product specifications that guide the development of new features and enhancements for our Coverage team
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in software development and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Assist with the development of documentation and public facing materials (e.g., blog posts) to help promote new features and enhancements shipped by the Coverage team
You’ll love this job if you
- Appreciate the use of multi-methods to craft product strategy
- Enjoy digging into data, set measurable goals and driving the team’s execution
- Like collaborating not only with Engineering & Design but also with GTM functions like Marketing, Sales Engineers & Account management
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical product management or product management role
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer
- A proven track record of successfully managing the development of complex software products
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong reasoning skills, with the ability to use data to inform product direction
- Passion for delivering high-quality software that meets the needs of customers
- Experience in the software monitoring and/or developer tools space is a plus
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $80,000 to $220,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.