Sentry for Unreal alerts you to crashes in your games while providing the detailed context you need to fix the issue, ASAP. Normally there’d be a Sentry SDK for you to install, but you don’t need it to capture crashes in your UE4 application.
Instead, you’ll install and configure the UE4 Crash Reporter. This is provided out of the box by Epic Games.
The addition of a Unreal’s crash reporter uncovers full visibility into the crash’s full impact.
See details like function name and line number. Remember how we noted it’s better to not guess?
Capture your game's crashes at scale without throwing your laptop across the room.
Record environment and state details so you can recreate bugs, no matter how your players access and interact with the game.
Use Sentry’s tag distribution graph to isolate and prioritize any error by seeing how often it occurs in context.
- “How actionable is this error? Can I (please) just ignore it?”
- “Is the error isolated to users who are playing Super Zombie Kitchen: Donut Edition?”
- “What was the temperature of any impacted Samsung Galaxy Note 7s?”
- “Where they in the middle of a micro-transaction?”
- “Did they smash a button too many times because they hate your micro-transactions?”
Event trails detail what was happening in the game before a crash occurrs.
No WiFi? No problem-fi. Record events even when devices are offline or in airplane mode, then send crashes as soon as connection is regained.
Find and fix issues before more than a small percentage of your users have smashed their screens in frustration.