About this role
Our goal is to make Sentry as standard as Git in the developer tool belt. Just as product engineering builds systems that capture errors, growth builds systems that capture market share. Business is a process, and all processes can be codified, instrumented, improved, and automated.
Our ideal candidate an engineer who views code as a means to an end. "The means" have run the gamut: building new partnerships, re-designing Sentry's getting-started flow, and tailoring notifications to customer journeys. Across the projects, "the end' has been the same: growing our market share. If you're curious about how growth contrasts with product or business enablement engineering, check out this post.
If this sounds interesting to you, let's talk.
You'll be responsible for:
- Set up analytics tooling and instrumentation (Growth builds and maintains analytics at Sentry)
- Build and measure experiments for driving market share and self-service revenue growth
- Work with core product and platform to roll out new features across the customer base
- Work with marketing and customer success to weave human process into the product
- 2+ years as a software engineer and/or role with relevant experience (similar roles include Growth Engineer, Data Engineer, or (very) Technical Product Manager)
- An interest in SaaS economics
- Live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or are willing to relocate
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.